There is poor content spread out all over the Internet. Yawn-inspiring blog
posts are a dime a dozen. The stock photography is so boring you want to pull your hair out.
If you want to create a ‘must-read’ blog, then make it stand for something.
You should be an authority for whatever your blog is about. That means never rehashing old content that is already saturating the web.
8 Major Focus Point for Making Yourself an Authority:
- Develop a strong opinion and don’t be afraid to say it the way you think it. A true leader stands his/her ground.
- Leave out the ifs, buts, and maybes. Avoid saying ‘in my opinion’
because it is naturally your opinion if you’re the one writing the post.
- Don’t waste people’s time with posts that are shallow or plain common sense. You want to add value to the conversation and not fill it with generic babble.
- Don’t use the ‘free stuff’ ploy that many bloggers do. What you want to give away free are good solid ideas and unique information. Those are the things that will generate loyal customers.
- Drop names of heavy hitters. It doesn’t hurt to add some clout to your posts by quoting industry experts. It shows you’re on top of things in your area of expertise.
- Never try to impress people with big, hard to pronounce words. Write things in simple language that anyone can understand.
- Take advantages of case studies and relevant examples. They help to breathe life into your content.
- Show up on a regular basis with good quality content.
When you are generous with your advice and ideas, potential clients are
going to find your blog and then purchase your products.